Today we took the train to Edinburgh and wandered our way around the shops. We found H&M of course and Primark Edinburgh: "Amazing fashion, Amazing prices." Our goal of the day was to get some shopping in and plan our next visit to the city. The gorgeous architecture and fantastic views, however, were obstructed by tall chain link fences and dump trucks full of buckled asphalt. The city is in the process of constructing an underground subway-style public transportation system, which, when it's complete, will be very efficient and could be a great benefit to Edinburgh.
I bought two really cute shirts at H&M, and a lace-back teal top, neon socks and parrot earrings at Primark. We saw a few touristy shops, but I was unsure what type of souvenir items I should take home with me. (Hint: If anyone has requests please let me know). For lunch we found a small Italian restaurant, and let me tell you: the closer you get to Italy geographically, the better the food is.
After a week adjusting to the long days that characterize the northern latitudes, our eyes collectively began to droop and we took the train back to Uphall Station and hired a taxi back to the college with our ideas in mind for our next visit.
I'm looking forward to another long day of classes tomorrow, and at the moment, facebook is still extremely unreliable and skype doesn't have a chance. Miss you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment