Yesterday - Thursday - was our first actual jumping lesson! For my first time jumping since I tore my ACL, I rode Prince! He is such a good boy, but loves to put in an extra stride in combinations when he can, although he is a long/tall Irish warmblood and could jump the baby course we did in his sleep. We did a course of crossrails first so that our trainer Gillian could see what she was working with, and those who felt confident redid the course with higher fences. It was so great to finally jump!
Today we went to Sarra Mayberry's eventing yard to see her horses and learn about their fitness programs for our project. Louise extended our due date to Monday, which gives us the whole weekend to work on it! That is especially helpful, since I definitely want to write about two of the horses we learned about today. Sarra has some amazing horses, and her own yard, and a HUGE laurie! A laurie is a giant horse box that is connected to the back of a motorhome. And get this: Sarra is barely older than I am. If only I was UK young rider eventing champion...
Sarra (or her neighbor, we're not sure) also had some highland cows! Finally, we see them in real life! They are just as fuzzy and cute as they are on all the postcards and souvenirs.
I can see a long weekend ahead of studying and writing - our exam is on Monday for A&P and our fitness programs are also due! Eeeep!
I might take a couple of days off...
No comments:
Post a Comment